The Mustang Heritage Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) public, charitable, nonprofit organization dedicated to facilitating successful adoptions for America’s excess mustangs and burros. Founded in 2001, its mission is to help promote the Bureau of Land Management’s National Wild Horse and Burro Program and increase the number of successful adoptions.
The Mustang Heritage Foundation is committed to:
* Supporting and advancing the repositioning of wild horses (hereafter referred to as mustangs) as a positive horse owning experience in conjunction with the BLM
* Assisting in creating a more marketable product through improving selection and expanded and enhanced training programs for critical mustang age groups
* Attracting potential adopters and assisting the BLM in turning prospects into adopters
* Providing information and education about mustangs and burros, their care, nurturing and use as athletes and companion animals
* Identifying and providing opportunities to become involved in the mustang and burro experience through adoption, volunteering, sponsorship and philanthropy
Link: Mustang Heritage Foundation